How to Download Extra Aircraft

I'll be explaining how to download extra aircraft, custom scenery, and mods into X-Plane 11 on today's blog post!

Downloading Aircraft

1. Find the Aircraft

First, of course, you have to find your aircraft. I'll have a post about the best mods soon, but for now, just head to x-plane.org for some nice, free aircraft! Once you have found it, move on to the next step!

2. Download

Press the blue "Download this file" button on the right and it should start downloading right away. If there are multiple files, I recommend downloading another aircraft first for simplicity purposes, but do it if you like. Also, if it doesn't download, then drag the link to your desktop, open it, and it should start downloading. If I still don't download, comment, and I'll try to help!

3. Install

Now, head to your "Downloads" folder. Unzip the files. On the other side of your screen, open up the "Extra Aircraft" folder (X-Plane 11/Aircraft/Extra Aircraft). I like to check that the file that I downloaded includes a folder that says "objects" and maybe a "liveries" folder, just to make sure it'll work! Then, drag the entire aircraft file into the "Extra Aircraft" Folder.

4. Check

Open up X-Plane 11, then look to see if you see the aircraft when you are configuring your flight. I usually just load it in to test if it works, but if you don't want to, then your done!

Please subscribe to my blog for updates, and have a nice day!

Comments