5 Best FREE Extra Aircraft!

Hello! Today, I'll be showing you 5 of the best free extra aircraft that you can download for X-Plane 11! This will probably become a series, so please let me know in the comments if you would like that!

Boeing 787-900 by Magknight

This is not one of the common addons, but I personally really enjoy it! It has a nice 3D cockpit, which I believe is better than the average freeware aircraft. I also really enjoy the Boeing 789 because it is one of the main aircraft I take around the world, so it's kind of cool to be able to fly with it in X-Plane 11.

Airbus A380 by Riviere

Riviere makes a lot of freeware aircraft that often do not have well-modeled 3D cockpits. This A380 is certainly well-modeled on the outside with lots of liveries and some detail, and the interior is extremely fun to walk around because most of it has real seats. There are two main problems with this aircraft: the cockpit and the physics. The cockpit is partially working, but the rudder pedals and sidestick don't move! It doesn't really matter for being able to fly, but such a simple thing really messes up the cockpit in my opinion. This fully-loaded A380 does loops, so it's really not great physics. I say, why not download it! It doesn't take up too much storage and it's a cool aircraft to fly around!

Boeing 737-800X by Zibo

There's so much to say about the Zibo 738. It is probably the best free mod ever made for X-Plane 11! It was based on the default 738 and was heavily modified everything from many more working switches/buttons to an AviTab iPad in the cockpit for modifying the weight and balance of the aircraft and announcing PAs. I VERY much recommend downloading this addon if you have disk room because it does take a lot of storage.

Boeing 747-400 "Cosmic Girl" by henkfix

This modified default Boeing 744 is a really cool plane, and the addon shows it pretty much perfectly! The addon is almost 100% a default 747, with one or two added knobs in the cockpit that help arm the rocket. The rocket is shown as a weapon to the X-Plane code, so you arm it just like you were shooting a missile in the F-4. I VERY much recommend downloading this plane!

Robin DR401 by Aerobask

I think this is the best free general aviation addon for X-Plane 11 ever made! The 3D cockpit is VERY functional (I would say around 90% of the buttons work), the outside is beautiful, and it flies very realistically (although I have never flown any other DR401s so I can't really judge that). Definitely MUST download!

I really hope you now have a nice aircraft in X-Plane 11! Please subscribe to my blog to get notified of the next list of the best 5 aircraft!

Comments